Friday 1 March 2013

Miles Kane








Back at the start of february my boyfriend and I were lucky enough to get tickets for a very intimate Miles Kane gig. He played in one of my local music venues Central Station as a warm up gig for the NME Awards tour he is currently on (well im guessing thats why) He played a few new tracks from his  yet to be released new album (which I can't wait to get my hands on) and most of his first album including some of my favourite tracks 'Come closer' and 'Rearrange'. It's so much fun to see an artist you love in such close proximity in a room full of other fans.

I was a big Rascals fan back in the day and completely wore out my Last of the Shadow Puppets album (Age of the Understatement is still in my top ten most played) I just think the Miles kane Mod-esque genre is right up my street.

I have seen Miles play before at Leeds Fest, T in the Park and Benicassim. If he is at a festival you are going to this summer I cannot recommend you see him more, its the perfect music for dancing with your mates with a cider in hand, you just feed off his enthusiasm on stage and the whole crowd has a good time.

If you haven't brought his 'Colour of the Trap' album I would highly recommend it specially if you are into Indie/Rock & Roll like me.

Are you a Miles Kane fan? Do you have his album or intend to buy it? Are you planning on going to any of his gigs or see him at any festivals?


Follow on Blog Lovin' // Follow on Twitter // Follow on Facebook // Follow on Instagram




2 comments:

  1. I got to watch a live filming of Miles when i was at the IOW festival working in the media tent. It was really cool - he's great, so nice and I'm even on TV ha (embarrassing). Totally get why you like him! x

    www.teapartywithalice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo i've never heard of this band but i think my boyfriend will :) he loves his indie rock bands & i love going to gigs :) can't beat them :) will need to have a listen to their songs :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments I love reading them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...